Veritas Health, LLC Terms and Conditions of Use
Updated August 2019
We hope you love using Veritas Health, LLC, websites. This document contains important information that you need to consider before using our site or making important decisions based on our information.
Please note that our Veritas Health properties and mobile content are under constant development. New content and services are added frequently, and this agreement may, therefore, be modified and updated on an ongoing basis. It is important to check back to this page regularly.
Veritas Health, LLC owns and operates several public-facing websites, including Spine-health, Arthritis-health, Sports-health and Pain-health, and makes the same or similar content available to mobile users and on Veritas Health, LLC web sites and on Veritas Health Forums (collectively known herein as "Veritas Health properties”).
Please note that we offer the Veritas Health, LLC properties "AS IS" and without warranties.
You acknowledge that although some of the content, text, data, graphics, images, information, suggestions, guidance, and other material (collectively, “Information”) provided to you on Veritas Health properties (including Information provided in direct response to your questions or postings) may be provided by individuals in the medical profession, the provision of such Information does not create a medical professional/patient relationship, and does not constitute an opinion, medical advice, or diagnosis or treatment of any particular condition, but is provided to assist you with locating appropriate medical care from a qualified practitioner.
You may use Veritas Health properties free of charge for your personal, non-commercial use only. Use of Veritas Health properties does not create a professional services relationship or any other relationship with Veritas Health, LLC.
You may not develop or derive for commercial sale any data in machine-readable or other form that incorporates or uses any substantial part of Veritas Health properties nor transfer to or store any data residing or exchanged over Veritas Health properties in any electronic network for use by more than one user unless you obtain prior written permission from Veritas Health, LLC. Specifically, unless explicitly authorized in these Terms and Conditions or by the owner of the materials, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium any material from Veritas Health properties. Information about requesting permission to reproduce or distribute materials from Veritas Health properties can be found in our linking policy.
For any images, text, data or other information (referred to here as "Content") you submit to Veritas Health, LLC, Veritas Health properties and Forums (including profile information, forum posts, blog posts, comment areas, and any e-mail) you affirm, represent and warrant that you own the right to utilize, to license and to sublicense the Content and you grant to Veritas Health, LLC, and anyone authorized by Veritas Health, LLC, a non-exclusive, worldwide, paid-up, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license, including right of sublicense, to use, copy, assign, display, distribute, perform, reproduce in whole or in part, and modify the Content in any medium or any manner, in whole or part (whether now known or hereafter developed), without any restrictions to you, for the sole intended purpose of Veritas Health properties and/or services provided. You also grant to each user of Veritas Health properties a non-exclusive license to access the Content through Veritas Health properties and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of Veritas Health properties and under this Agreement.
For any content you post that you do not own, you guarantee to us that you have the legal right to post such Content and that it will not violate any law or the rights of any person or entity. You will not post content on Veritas Health, LLC, Veritas Health properties and/or Forums you do not own without permission of the owner of the content, including written, photographic, music and video formats.
About Veritas Health, LLC
We Do Not Provide Medical Advice
The Information that you obtain or receive from Veritas Health, LLC, and its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise on Veritas Health properties is for informational purposes only. All published medically related information is reviewed by independent health care professionals and organizations working in conjunction with Veritas Health, LLC. All information is (i) provided by independent health care professionals and organizations, (ii) for informational purposes only, and (iii) do not establish any patient/doctor relationship.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AND IN ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM/OR PROVIDED THROUGH VERITAS HEALTH, LLC IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT.
DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID, OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON OUR SITES. DO NOT USE OUR SITES FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY CALL 911.
YOUR USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE.
We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, doctors, health care providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear on Veritas Health properties. If you rely on any of the Information provided by the Site, you do so solely at your own risk.
No Doctor-Patient Relationship
NO LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BY USING INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SITES OR THROUGH ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM VERITAS HEALTH, LLC INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE "FIND A PROVIDER" AND/OR LINKS TO OTHER VERITAS HEALTH PROPERTIES OR ANY ASSISTANCE WE MAY PROVIDE TO HELP YOU FIND AN APPROPRIATE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL OR SPECIALIST IN ANY FIELD.
WE MAKE NO GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERTISE, AND QUALITY OF WORK OR OTHER INFORMATION HEREIN. Furthermore, WE DO NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORSE ANY INDIVIDUAL DESCRIBED HEREIN. VERITAS HEALTH, LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION.
- You are strongly advised to perform your own investigation prior to selecting a health care professional by making confirming telephone calls to the appropriate licensing authorities to verify listed credentials and education, and to further verify information about a particular doctor, or other health care provider ("Provider") by confirming with the Provider's office, your current Provider, the medical association relative to the Provider's specialty and your state medical board.
- Veritas Health, LLC has no control over, and cannot guarantee the availability of any Provider at any particular time. Veritas Health, LLC will not be liable for canceled or otherwise unfulfilled appointments or any injury resulting therefrom, or for any other injury resulting from the use of the Site or Services whatsoever.
Important Information about Veritas Health Provider Listings
In connection with using Veritas Health properties to locate and schedule appointments with medical professionals, by using Veritas Health, LLC, services you understand and agree to the following:
YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING YOUR OWN PROVIDER.
- Veritas Health, LLC lists Providers on our sites pursuant to a contractual agreement with the Providers.
- In addition to a contractual agreement, Providers must pay a fee to Veritas Health, LLC in order to appear on the Site(s).
- Veritas Health, LLC, will provide you with lists and/or profile previews of Providers who may be suitable to deliver the health care that you are seeking. We will provide you with information such as insurance accepted, proximity to your geographical location, and specialty of the Provider. In an effort to aid in the discovery of Providers and enable the maximum choice and diversity of Providers who participate in the Services, these lists and/or profile previews may also be based on other criteria; but Veritas Health, LLC, (i) does not recommend or endorse any Providers, and (ii) does not make any representations or warranties with respect to these Providers or the quality of the healthcare services they may provide, (iii.) does not and will not provide referrals and/or recommendations of one Provider over another.
- Veritas Health, LLC uses reasonable efforts to ensure that Providers only participate in the Services if they hold active medical licenses and all certifications necessary to practice any specialty of the services offered by them to patients. Veritas Health, LLC may also exclude Providers who, in Veritas Health, LLC’s discretion, have engaged in inappropriate or unprofessional conduct.
Verified Doctors: What Does "Verified Mean”?
- Veritas Health, LLC uses reasonable efforts to ensure that Providers listed on our Veritas Health properties only participate if they hold active medical licenses and all certifications necessary to practice any specialty of the services offered by them to patients.
- Veritas Health, LLC reserves the right to exclude Providers who, in Veritas Health, LLC discretion, have engaged in inappropriate or unprofessional conduct.
- Veritas Health, LLC verifies the following:
- The Professional's name and contact information.
- The Professional's license is active in his/her practicing state.
- The Professional's license is free and clear of any restrictions which would prevent him/her from practicing.
- Specialty Spine Professionals licenses are checked and verified by a recognized affiliate of ABMS or the appropriate Chiropractic Regulatory Board. ABMS is a primary source of board certification for board-certified physicians.
Provider and practice information found on Veritas Health properties is intended for general reference purposes only. Provider information found on Veritas Health, LLC websites is both self-reported, by the Provider and/or office staff, and collected from multiple other data sources that may or may not be confirmed by the Provider. Such information changes frequently and may become out of date or inaccurate. Veritas Health, LLC does not provide any advice or qualification certification about any Provider. Our relationship with Providers in the specialty area is based on the criteria we establish. You are encouraged to independently verify any such information.
Editorial Control Disclaimer
We make Veritas Health properties available as a service to consumers and Providers for the purposes of offering an informative and educational resource. We may, but have no obligation to, have Information posted on the Veritas Health properties reviewed by our editorial personnel and/or medical advisors. It is important to note, the timeliness and accuracy of any or/or all the information published and/or disseminated in any way are not guaranteed. Neither the authors, the editorial personnel, nor any other party who has been involved in the preparation or publication of the Site(s) information can assure you that the Information contained herein is in every respect accurate and/or complete, and Veritas Health, LLC, VH employees, directors, shareholders and medical advisors are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such Information.
You are encouraged to independently confirm the Information contained herein with other sources and to seek the advice of a qualified physician.
Veritas Health, LLC and Veritas Health properties, its editorial content, text, images and videos contained on Veritas Health properties and in Veritas Health, LLC's products are protected by United States trademark and copyright law and other applicable law and are the property of Veritas Health, LLC, except as otherwise identified. All copyrights and trademarks not the property of Veritas Health, LLC that are used or referred to in Veritas Health properties and products are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained in Veritas Health properties or other products shall be construed as granting any license or other rights to any copyright, trademark, patent or other property of Veritas Health, LLC or any third party, whether by implication, laches, estoppel or explicit grant. Because the content is proprietary, any unauthorized use of materials on the site or other products may violate the law. If you are a copyright owner and believe infringing material is present on any of Veritas Health properties, please refer to the procedures outlined below in the section titled "Veritas Health, LLC, Sites DMCA Copyright Infringement Claim Policy.”
Veritas Health, LLC's products, including third party and licensed materials on the site, may not be modified, reproduced, republished, retransmitted, or displayed except for personal use. Any use for a commercial or public purpose requires specific written permission from Veritas Health, LLC.
Acceptable Use Policy
You are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of Veritas Health properties and/or Forums, and you agree not to engage in unacceptable use of Veritas Health properties, which includes, without limitation, use of Veritas Health properties to:
- Harm or threaten to harm users or members of the general public in any way, or "stalk" or otherwise harass any other person or entity;
- Post or transmit any Content that is unlawful, false or misleading, grossly offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Disseminate or transmit "spam," unsolicited messages, chain letters, any advertisements, solicitations, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication;
- Purchase, sell, or offer to purchase or sell any equity or security or market instrument; provide information designed to manipulate any equity or security or market; or disseminate or transmit any material, non-public information about companies without authorization to do so;
- Collect, use, or store any personally identifiable information about other users, or otherwise violate the personal privacy rights of others;
- Impersonate any person or entity (including Veritas Health property agent, user, or moderator), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation except in areas that are expressly designated by Veritas Health properties for such purpose;
- Disseminate or transmit any Content that infringes or violates any party's copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary rights; or use or distribute third-party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality, fiduciary duty, or similar duty;
- Violate any law (whether local, state, national, or international), whether or not intentionally;
- Forge headers or otherwise intentionally disguise the origin of any content or communication; interfere with or disrupt Veritas Health properties, or servers or networks connected to Veritas Health properties; or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to Veritas Health properties;
- Post any Content related to partisan political campaigning or fundraising;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of Veritas Health properties;
- Obtain, copy, monitor, index or data mine through the use of a robot, spider, any automated device, or any manual process, Veritas Health properties or the contents (except as expressly permitted by Veritas Health, LLC);
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in Veritas Health properties;
- "Frame" or "mirror" any part of Veritas Health properties; or
- Engage in any other activity deemed by Veritas Health, LLC, to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this agreement or that might violate the rights of others or give rise to liability.
You understand that by using Veritas Health properties, you may be exposed to Content that may offend you or challenge your beliefs. Your remedy is to avoid such Content by discontinuing your access.
Content and Non-Endorsement
Opinions and other statements expressed by users and third parties are theirs alone, not opinions of Veritas Health, LLC. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. Veritas Health properties and third parties may provide links to web pages, web sites, and various resources or locations on the web. Veritas Health, LLC has no control over the information you access via such links, does not endorse that information, and shall not be responsible for it or for the consequences of your use of that information.
This is an Agreement between Veritas Health, LLC, Health, LLC and "Linking Party", the individual or entity who agrees and accepts the following terms and conditions of this Agreement. "Linking Party" means the responsible party of the website linking to Veritas Health Properties:
- OWNERSHIP, IDENTIFICATION & USE
- As between Veritas Health, LLC and Linking Party, all right, title and interest in and to all trademarks, copyrights, design, look and feel, including without limitation the "Veritas Health, LLC" trademark, content, graphics and other materials of any type appearing on or in the Veritas Health, LLC Websites and all technology related thereto (the "Veritas Health, LLC materials") are owned by Veritas Health, LLC and subsidiaries
- Linking Party acknowledges that Veritas Health, LLC retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Veritas Health, LLC trademark and all associated goodwill. Linking Party represents and warrants that it will use the Veritas Health, LLC materials solely as provided in this Agreement, and will not use the Veritas Health, LLC materials in any manner that will diminish or otherwise damage Veritas Health, LLC goodwill in the Veritas Health, LLC materials. Linking Party agrees that all use of the Veritas Health, LLC materials will inure to the benefit of Veritas Health, LLC. Linking Party shall promptly notify Veritas Health, LLC of any suspected infringement of or challenge to the Veritas Health, LLC materials. Veritas Health, LLC shall have the sole right to, and in its sole discretion may commence, prosecute, or defend, and control any action concerning the Veritas Health, LLC materials.
- QUALITY CONTROL
- Linking Party agrees to maintain the quality of the Linking Party Website such that its content and activities conducted on such website remain current, in good taste, compliant with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and appropriate for users of Veritas Health, LLC Websites. Linking Party will not violate or infringe any right of any third party in connection with the operation of the Linking Party Website.
- UPDATES AND CONTACT FROM VERITAS HEALTH, LLC
- From time to time, Veritas Health, LLC and its’ subsidiaries may modify, update or otherwise change URL's and/or the content and the way it is displayed on its website without prior notice to Linking Party.
- INDEMNIFICATION FROM LINKING PARTY
- Linking Party agrees to indemnify, defend (at Veritas Health, LLC's option) and hold Veritas Health, LLC and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from and against any and all liability, damages, losses, expenses (including attorneys' fees and expenses and allocable costs of in-house counsel), claims, demands, suits, fines or judgments, and costs and expenses incidental thereto, which may be suffered by, accrued against, charged to or recoverable from Veritas Health, LLC or any of its affiliates, or any of their respective officers, directors, agents or employees, arising out of or resulting from: (i) a claim that the Linking Party Website, or any other materials (tangible or intangible) provided by Linking Party to Veritas Health, LLC and subsidiaries hereunder or any portion or use thereof, infringes or misappropriates any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark or other proprietary rights; or (ii) claims regarding the performance, nonperformance, or defect in performance of the Linking Party Website or items found on or through such website, or any statement, misstatement, representation or misrepresentation made by Linking Party. Veritas Health, LLC, may terminate this Agreement immediately if the other party has failed to perform or abide by any of its obligations under this Agreement.
- Veritas Health, LLC may, in its absolute discretion, immediately terminate links if it determines that Linking Party or Linking Party's Website would or would tend to: (i) violate or infringe the copyright, trademark or other rights of third parties, or any other law, court order, governmental regulation or other rulings of any governmental agency or entity; (ii) subject Veritas Health, LLC to any liability; or (iii) jeopardize Veritas Health, LLC ability to protect its rights or its property in the manner it deems appropriate.
- In the event this Agreement is terminated; Linking Party must immediately cease all use thereof and cease all linking to the Veritas Health, LLC, Websites.
- No Entitlement. Linking Party is not entitled to share in and has no claim to any subscription, advertising or other revenues Veritas Health, LLC, may realize in connection with the Veritas Health, LLC, Website.
Veritas Health, LLC Forum Areas
The Veritas Health, LLC Forums are designed to permit you to share your ideas and opinions. Information on the Forums is provided by Veritas Health, LLC moderators and other contributors, some of whom use anonymous screen names and are people not otherwise connected with Veritas Health, LLC. You acknowledge that a large volume of information is available in our Forums and that people participating in such Forums occasionally post messages or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Veritas Health, LLC neither endorses nor is responsible for such messages or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or other utterance made or displayed on Veritas Health properties or Forums by third parties. The opinions expressed in the Forums reflect solely the opinion(s) of the participants and may not reflect the opinion(s) of Veritas Health, LLC. Veritas Health, LLC, is not responsible for any errors or omissions in postings in the Forums, for hyperlinks embedded in messages or for any results obtained from the use of such information. Under no circumstances will Veritas Health, LLC, or its affiliates, be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through Veritas Health properties or the Forums.
You acknowledge and agree that Veritas Health, LLC has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Forums and the materials you transmit or post; to alter or remove any such materials (including, without limitation, any posting to a Forum); to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate Veritas Health properties properly; to protect ourselves, our visitors, and the public; and to comply with legal obligations or reasonable governmental requests.
You acknowledge and agree that unless otherwise stated, all materials and information you provided will be deemed to be provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. If you choose to use the forums and add personally identifying information (including personal medical information) to Veritas Health Forum discussions you understand the information (including personal data) shared is open to the public. You understand this is an online environment and acknowledge the risks of posting any personal data in this public forum. You understand that Veritas Health cannot control or predict outside misuse of the information you post and is not responsible for third party use of the information you choose to share.
Veritas Health, LLC may advertise employment opportunities on Veritas Health properties and/or invite users to submit resumes to it. If you choose to submit your name, contact information, resume and/or other personal information to Veritas Health, LLC in response to employment listings, you are authorizing Veritas Health, LLC and its service providers to utilize this information for all lawful and legitimate hiring and employment purposes. Veritas Health, LLC also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to forward the information you submit to its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors and service providers for legitimate business purposes. Nothing in this Agreement or contained in Veritas Health properties shall constitute a promise by Veritas Health, LLC to interview, hire or employ any individual who submits information to it, nor shall anything in this Agreement or contained in Veritas Health properties constitute a promise that Veritas Health, LLC will review any or all of the information submitted to it by users.
Veritas Health, LLC, DMCA Copyright Infringement Claim Policy
Veritas Health, LLC respects the intellectual property of others and requires that our users do the same. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. Veritas Health, LLC has the right to prohibit infringers from using our Veritas Health properties.
If you believe your work has been copied and posted on or through Veritas Health properties in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send Veritas Health, LLC's Copyright Agent a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information:
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on Veritas Health properties (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement);
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- your physical or electronic signature.
Veritas Health, LLC's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent, Catherine Cronin Eveleigh; email@example.com.
Upon receipt of a Notification of Copyright Infringement from a copyright owner that contains the required information described above, Veritas Health, LLC, will notify the user, if known, of the alleged infringement and remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing if hosted on Veritas Health, LLC's Site or Mobile Content. No personal user information is shared with the copyright owner unless required by law.
If Veritas Health, LLC, receives more than one Notice of Copyright Infringement concerning a user, the user may be deemed a "repeat copyright infringer." Veritas Health, LLC reserves the right to terminate the accounts of "repeat copyright infringers" and /or take all legal action available to Veritas Health, LLC to prevent further infringement and to recoup any damages as a result of the said infringement.
Procedure to File a DMCA Counter-Claim
If you have received a notice of copyright infringement and you believe that a copyright holder has accused you in error, you may file a DMCA Counter-Claim with Veritas Health, LLC's designated agent.
To be effective, a Counter-Claim must be a written communication provided to Veritas Health, LLC's designated agent, Catherine Cronin Eveleigh firstname.lastname@example.org, and must include the following information:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- The user's name, address and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the user's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the user will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person;
- A physical or electronic signature of the user;
Upon receipt of a DMCA Counter-Claim, Veritas Health, LLC, will provide the complaining party with a copy of the DMCA Counter-Claim. When Veritas Health, LLC, receives a Counter-Claim that meets the requirements of the DMCA, Veritas Health, LLC will process the Counter-Claim in accordance with the requirements of the DMCA.
Limitation of Liability and Use
Veritas Health, LLC has worked to ensure the accuracy of the information it provides through its products and services, including through Veritas Health properties. This information frequently relies on data obtained from many sources, however, and Veritas Health, LLC cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided or any analysis based thereon.
IN NO EVENT WILL VERITAS HEALTH, LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE VERITAS HEALTH, LLC WEBSITE WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT VERITAS HEALTH, LLC IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. VERITAS HEALTH, LLC WILL BE LIABLE TO LINKING PARTY ONLY FOR ACTUAL DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO US $1,000.00.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF VERITAS HEALTH, LLC'S PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES, INCLUDING VERITAS HEALTH PROPERTIES, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SUCH PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND VERITAS HEALTH, LLC MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. VERITAS HEALTH, LLC DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE. NO ADVICE, OPINION OR OTHER INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH VERITAS HEALTH PROPERTIES OR FROM VERITAS HEALTH, LLC, ORALLY OR IN ANY MEDIA, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY FROM VERITAS HEALTH, LLC NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE STATED, VERITAS HEALTH, LLC MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING OF CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THIS VERITAS HEALTH PROPERTIES OR ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO VERITAS HEALTH PROPERTIES. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER VERITAS HEALTH, LLC NOR ANY OTHER PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RELATED TO VERITAS HEALTH PROPERTIES, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY INFORMATION, (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, INCLUDING EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, ETC.), AND NEITHER VERITAS HEALTH, LLC NOR ANY OTHER PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RELATED TO VERITAS HEALTH PROPERTIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE FROM DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION.
VERITAS HEALTH, LLC AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR COSTS OR ATTORNEY'S FEES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER VERITAS HEALTH, LLC MONTHLY WAS INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN STATES THAT DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, VERITAS HEALTH, LLC'S LIABILITY, AND THAT OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR PARENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, BUSINESS PARTNERS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS AND ASSIGNS IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY SUCH STATES' LAWS.
Veritas Health, LLC assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of Veritas Health properties nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within Veritas Health properties or accessed through Veritas Health properties. Veritas Health, LLC also does not warrant that the functions or informational materials contained in or accessed or downloaded through our Veritas Health properties are free of computer viruses or other harmful components. In addition, although we make a good faith effort to update the content of our Veritas Health properties periodically, we do not have a duty to update information contained in our Veritas Health properties, and we will not be liable for any failure to update such information.
Veritas Health properties make no representation that information content provided on Veritas Health properties is applicable or appropriate for use in locations outside the United States. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and local rules regarding the transmission of technical data, acceptable contents and online conduct.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Veritas Health, LLC its affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers and sponsors, and its and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this agreement, including any violation of the Terms of Service; (b) any allegation that any Content or other materials you submit to us or transmit to Veritas Health properties infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with Veritas Health properties. The foregoing indemnification obligation does not apply to liabilities, claims, and expenses arising as a result of our own gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
If any provision or portion of these Terms of Service is held in whole or in part to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of that provision and of the entire agreement will be severable and will remain in effect, to the fullest degree consistent with the intent of this document.
Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution
If you attempt to bring any legal action against Veritas Health, LLC, based in any way on its products or services, including Veritas Health properties, you agree that, in the event you do not prevail or Veritas Health, LLC does prevail, you will reimburse Veritas Health, LLC for any costs and attorney fees associated with their defense of the action.
Regardless of the jurisdiction in which you work or reside, this Agreement is made in the State of Illinois and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with Illinois law without giving effect to the state's conflicts of law statute. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") Privacy Rule may apply to any health-related information you provide to Veritas Health, LLC, and in which cases federal HIPAA Privacy Rule govern.
ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF THIS MATERIAL OR ANY ACTION TO ENFORCE THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE BROUGHT ONLY IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS PRESIDING IN ILLINOIS, U.S.A., AND YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO BE SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS. AND SUCH AGREEMENT IS AN EXPRESS CONDITION TO USE VERITAS HEALTH, LLC WEBSITES.
Outside the United States
Veritas Health properties and our related products and articles are controlled and operated by Veritas Health, LLC from its offices within the United States. We make no representation that the products on our Veritas Health properties, the services provided on our Veritas Health properties or the editorial information on our Veritas Health properties is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Your access to this information is prohibited services where Veritas Health, LLC website content, products or services is illegal. Those who choose to access this from locations outside the United States do so of their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Electronic Contracting and Notices