We prioritize medical research and clinical knowledge
We employ a rigorous review and editing process to evaluate content for accuracy and originality. There are many types of resources on our sites, including articles, videos, blog posts and more. This high-quality content is developed with three groups of experts:
- Healthcare professionals author all of our articles and are featured in many of our videos. By working with board-certified physicians and other licensed healthcare professionals, we ensure that our content accurately reflects current research and clinical experiences.
- Medical editors on our editorial team provide research and editing, making sure that facts are properly cited and content is understandable to a lay audience.
- Medical advisors conduct a blind peer review of all articles and videos, helping to ensure that our content is vetted. Our medical advisors are doctors and other healthcare providers who sit on our Medical Advisory Board.
The vast majority of our authors work with us on a voluntary basis. Like us, they have a desire to create health information people can easily access and trust. When people are well informed, they make better healthcare decisions.
In addition to working with us on articles and videos, healthcare providers author the majority of our popular blogs. These blogs typically tie in directly to subjects covered in our peer-reviewed articles.
We strive to eliminate bias
Our editorial process is modeled after medical journals and ensures articles are reviewed with integrity and objectivity. Our authors, editors, and peer reviewers work hard to make sure:
- Our content is aligned with the gold standard in medicine and is based on peer-reviewed medical journals and other credible primary sources.
- No clinics, individuals, treatments, or products are promoted in our content.
- We acknowledge when more research is needed. Medicine is not black and white. If an area of medical research contains uncertainty or controversy, we say so.
By taking this approach, our sites stand in contrast to other health sites, which tend to oversimplify medical information or falsely offer easy solutions to health problems.
We work independently of advertisers
Veritas Health is not owned by any company that sells products, devices, or pharmaceuticals. Our editorial and creative departments work independently of all advertisements and sponsorships, which are clearly identified and labeled when published. Veritas Health reserves the right to modify these definitions and processes without advance notice.