Thomas E. Hyde, DC
Dr. Thomas Hyde is a chiropractor and Co-Founder of Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab (FAKTR). He is considered an expert in the chiropractic care of athletes and has lectured around the world. He retired with more than 30 years of experience treating spine pain and soft tissue disorders. Dr. Hyde has served on the Veritas Health Medical Advisory Board for 20 years.
- Dr. Hyde is the co-author of Conservative Management of Sports Injuries.
- He serves on the Editorial Board of the Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association.
- Dr. Hyde’s research has appeared in the Editorial Board of Guidelines for Chiropractic Quality Assurance and Practice Parameters and the Journal of the Neuromusculoskeletal System.
Dr. Hyde is a retired chiropractor and international lecturer. He was twice named "Chiropractor of the Year" by the Dade County Chiropractic Society and was inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Sports Council of the American Chiropractic Association and the Professional Football Chiropractic Society.
- Florida Board of Chiropractic Medicine
Spine Medicine Leadership
- Past President, Executive Director, American Chiropractic Association Sports Council
- Past Secretary-General, International Federation of Sports Chiropractic
- Member, Florida Olympics and the Pan American Games Task Force
- Member, Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Diplomate, American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- Former Chiropractic Consultant for the Miami Dolphins
Select Medical Research
- Guidelines for Chiropractic Quality Assurance and Practice Parameters
- The Necessary Future of Chiropractic Education: A North American perspective
- Functional Scores and Subjective Responses of Injured Workers With Back or Neck Pain Treated With Chiropractic Care in an Integrative Program: A Retrospective Analysis of 100 Cases
- Conservative treatment of a female collegiate volleyball player with costochondritis.
- Active or Inactive Spondylolysis and/or Spondylolisthesis: What’s the Real Cause of Back Pain?
Professional Awards and Recognition
- Honorary Member, Royal Canadian Chiropractic Sports Science Organization
- Chiropractor of the Year, Dade County Chiropractic Society
- Chiropractic Sports Council Hall of Fame
- Hall of Fame Member of the Professional Chiropractic Football Society
- Sports Chiropractor of the Year, Florida Chiropractic Association Sports Injury Council
- BA – Biology, Florida State University
- DC – Logan College of Chiropractic
About Veritas Health
Veritas Health publishes original, unbiased, and comprehensive resources to help millions of people each month make informed decisions about their health. Our rigorous editorial process is modeled after medical journals and ensures articles are reviewed with integrity and objectivity. The Veritas Health platform—including Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, and Pain-health.com—is a trusted authority on back pain, arthritis, sports injuries, and chronic pain conditions.
Profile last updated: January 21, 2020.