Theodore Goldstein, MD, F.A.C.S.
Dr. Theodore Goldstein is an accomplished orthopedic surgery specialist who has been in practice for 56 years. Dr. Goldstein has served on the Veritas Health Medical Advisory Board for 20 years.
- Dr. Goldstein has been published in numerous medical journals, including The Spine Journal, Spine, and the Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques.
- His reserach includes The Psychology of Spine Surgery, Anterior Cervical Spine Fusion Using Bioresorbable Interbody Spacers and rhBMP-2, and Minimally Invasive Multilevel Percutaneous Correction and Fusion for Adult Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis.
- Dr. Goldstein is co-author of the book, Win the Battle Against Back Pain: An Integrated Mind-body Approach.
Dr. Goldstein is the Founding Director of the Cedars-Sinai Spine Center. In addition to his extensive career as a physician, Dr. Goldstein has served as an Assistant Clinical Professor at UCLA Medical Center.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Spine Medicine Leadership
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Select Medical Research
- Minimally Invasive Multilevel Percutaneous Correction and Fusion for Adult Lumbar Degenerative Scoliosis
- Anterior cervical spine fusion using bioresorbable interbody spacers and rhBMP-2
- Cantilever TLIF With Structural Allograft and RhBMP2 for Correction and Maintenance of Segmental Sagittal Lordosis
- The Psychology of Spine Surgery
- Cantilever TLIF With Structural Allograft and RhBMP2 for Correction and Maintenance of Segmental Sagittal Lordosis: Long-Term Clinical, Radiographic, and Functional Outcome
Professional Awards and Recognition
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Merk Scholarship Award, University of Illinois
- MD – University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Internship – Cook County Hospital
- Residency – Orthopedic Surgery, Rush Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital
About Veritas Health
Veritas Health publishes original, unbiased, and comprehensive resources to help millions of people each month make informed decisions about their health. Our rigorous editorial process is modeled after medical journals and ensures articles are reviewed with integrity and objectivity. The Veritas Health platform—including Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, and Pain-health.com—is a trusted authority on back pain, arthritis, sports injuries, and chronic pain conditions.
Profile last updated: January 21, 2020.