Dr. John Sherman is a renowned orthopedic surgeon who specializes in spine surgery. He has conducted extensive research on engineering technologies and focuses on motion preservation and minimally invasive spine surgery. Dr. Sherman has served on the Veritas Health Medical Advisory Board for 20 years.
- Dr. Sherman has been featured in Orthopedics This Week and Becker’s Spine Review.
- He is a contributing author of the book Nonfusion Technologies in Spine Surgery.
- Dr. Sherman has been recognized as one of the top 20 Spine Surgeons Focused on Implant Design.
Dr. Sherman is an orthopedic surgeon at Twin Cities Orthopedics who has been in practice for 38 years. He has also served as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of California, Los Angeles and has conducted research on motion preservation technology and minimally invasive spine surgery.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Spine Surgery
Spine Medicine Leadership
- Member, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, Spine Arthroplasty Society
- Member, Swiss Spine Institute
- Member, Minnesota Orthopedic Society
Professional Awards and Recognition
- Top 20 Spine Surgeons Focused on Implant Design
- MD – Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Residency – University of Minnesota Medical School
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles
About Veritas Health
Veritas Health publishes original, unbiased, and comprehensive resources to help millions of people each month make informed decisions about their health. Our rigorous editorial process is modeled after medical journals and ensures articles are reviewed with integrity and objectivity. The Veritas Health platform—including Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, and Sports-health.com—is a trusted authority on back pain, arthritis, sports injuries, and chronic pain conditions.
Profile last updated: January 21, 2020.