Dr. Jack Zigler is an orthopedic surgeon with more than 30 years of experience performing spine surgery. He is widely recognized as a world-class leader in the field of spinal arthroplasty. Dr. Zigler has served on the Veritas Health Medical Advisory Board for 20 years.
- Dr. Zigler’s has authored more than 75 peer-reviewed articles including Postoperative Care Pathways Following Lumbar Total Disc Replacement: Results of a Modified Delphi Approach, Challenges and Solutions for Lumbar Total Disc Replacement Implantation and Comparison of Lumbar Total Disc Replacement With Surgical Spinal Fusion for the Treatment of Single-Level Degenerative Disc Disease: A Meta-Analysis of 5-Year Outcomes From Randomized Controlled Trials.
- He has served on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Spinal Disorders & Techniques and as Orthopedic Section Editor of The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine.
- Dr. Zigler is the author of Spine Trauma and co-authored Spinal Arthroplasty: A New Era in Spine Care.
Dr. Jack Zigler is an orthopedic surgeon and Co-Director of the Center for Disc Replacement at the Texas Back Institute. He is President of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS) and is Past President of the American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA). Dr. Zigler has also served on the Board of the Cervical Spine Research Society (CSRS).
Dr. Zigler has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed medical journals and has given hundreds of presentations at medical society meetings and conferences. He has taught both cervical and lumbar disc replacement to thousands of spine surgeons globally and frequently lectures about disc arthroplasty around the world.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Spine Medicine Leadership
- President, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board of Directors, Cervical Spine Research Society
- Past President, American Spinal Injury Association
Select Medical Research
- Postoperative Care Pathways Following Lumbar Total Disc Replacement: Results of a Modified Delphi Approach
- Comparison of Lumbar Total Disc Replacement With Surgical Spinal Fusion for the Treatment of Single-Level Degenerative Disc Disease: A Meta-Analysis of 5-Year Outcomes From Randomized Controlled Trials
- Challenges and Solutions for Lumbar Total Disc Replacement Implantation
- Comparison of Therapies in Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease: A Network Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
- Five-Year Reoperation Rates of 2-Level Lumbar Total Disk Replacement Versus Fusion: Results of a Prospective, Randomized Clinical Trial
Professional Awards and Recognition
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Academic Achievement Award, Alumni Association, Upstate Medical Center College of Medicine
- Teaching Excellence Award, Rancho Los Amigos
- BS – Cornell University
- MD – SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY
- Residency – Orthopedic Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Residency – General Surgery, Long Island Jewish - Hillside Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- Fellowship – Orthopaedic Surgery, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
About Veritas Health
Veritas Health publishes original, unbiased, and comprehensive resources to help millions of people each month make informed decisions about their health. Our rigorous editorial process is modeled after medical journals and ensures articles are reviewed with integrity and objectivity. The Veritas Health platform—including Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, and Sports-health.com—is a trusted authority on back pain, arthritis, sports injuries, and chronic pain conditions.
Profile last updated: January 21, 2020.