As an Editor, you will be expected to carry out key responsibilities and duties centering on drafting and editing peer reviewed articles and blogs for our network of patient education websites, as well as other types of content as needed. We want to talk to you if you are a persistent and detail-oriented professional who excels at research and has the ability to successfully translate a large quantity of technical information into succinct, engaging writing for our patient audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching, drafting, and/or editing physician-authored and peer-reviewed patient education articles.
- Researching, drafting, and/or editing physician-authored and patient-focused blog posts and social media posts.
- Draft and/or edit additional content, as needed, which may include but is not limited to patient education booklets and books, physician interviews, and more.
- Explain scientific and medical ideas and information in simple and engaging language.
- Research and write video scripts.
- Develop and manage editorial calendar.
- Develop and maintain relationships with physician authors and Medical Advisory Board
- Meticulous attention to detail and 100% accountability for producing error-free work.
- Maintain and practice an in-depth understanding of our writing style, SEO best practices, standards, expectations, content production standards, and the Veritas Health editorial process.
- Additional duties as assigned; taking a leadership role in select editorial projects, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree from a reputable university or college.
- Excellent writing/copywriting/headline writing skills.
- Proven work experience.
- 5 years’ relevant work experience.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter that clearly describes three reasons you would be a great addition to our team, to ceveleigh at veritashealth.com.
Veritas Health is a smart, collaborative group of talented individuals all focused on rapidly growing our business. We publish, organize, and market the highest quality health information online for patients dealing with specific health conditions. For example, our spine-health.com site is the market leader for spine, garnering 80% of market share for patients seeking information and solutions online. As a result, healthcare systems, manufacturers, and practitioners invest their marketing resources with spine-health.com because of the high level of quality and the proven ROI they enjoy. We're quickly growing our newer sites, sports-health.com and arthritis-health.com - with more sites under development. The pitch is a joy to sell - our sites truly help patients, we deliver impressive results for clients, at a reasonable investment.
We value ability and attitude over prior experience. Casual environment, intense focus, superior results - that's us. And yes, we are passionate about what we do. Read: What we're about for further insight.
We are pleased to offer many benefits, including health insurance, 401k, profit sharing, a self-directed training budget to use towards educational/career development, flex and summer hours, minimum travel...and most importantly, the intrinsic rewards of collaborating with our team of exceptionally smart, dedicated, and kind-hearted individuals.
Located in Deerfield, IL, near both highways and the Lake Cook Road Metra station.