If you like the idea of building innovative and custom features, improving and advancing existing features, and ensuring operational excellence for a company whose core mission is to help people find the best solutions for their ongoing health problems, you should talk to us.
You will be part of a team that delivers a best-in-class experience for our audience. If you are an energetic problem solver who is comfortable wearing many hats and getting stuff done right the first time, this may be the right fit for you.
We are looking for strong problem solvers to help us tackle the big and the small, including projects such as:
- Re-launching our doctor directory with new features and a fresh look.
- Creating custom Drupal modules while leveraging a common code base (Drupal profile/distribution) that streamlines development across multiple sites.
- Flexible, snapshot-able VirtualBox where you can get your hands dirty with our efficient 4-layer caching system on a LEMP stack, all without blowing up a production server.
- Crafting and testing site features fork desktop and mobile to improve traffic metrics and advertising revenue.
- Creation of an author portal, media asset management utility, and an automated advertising system.
- Enhancements to our new forums system in (Vanilla Forums).
You can check out our custom doctor finder (leverages the Views module)—http://www.spine-health.com/doctor—to see how we are using PHP and Drupal 7 in innovative ways to achieve our business goals.
- MySQL (MariaDB)
- HTML/CSS (we use HTML 5 and CSS 3)
- Familiarity with a content management system, ideally Drupal, Joomla, or WordPress (we currently use Drupal 7)
- Linux (CentOS 6)
- VirtualBox (Used for sandbox & development environments)
- Website optimization (front and backend caching): Varnish, Memcache, APC
- Git code revision system (or similar)
- Mobile web development (RESS)
We want to talk to you if you:
- Are a confident, independent problem solver
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility to manage your own work time—and have the self discipline to meet deadlines
- Thrive in an environment that values thorough research of possible paths, scalable long-term solutions, and good documentation
- Are looking for a full-time employee position with an entrepreneurial but established, stable, and highly profitable company
- Seek a reasonable work/life balance—no travel or 80-hour work weeks expected (well, possible, but rare)
We have immediate openings for a talented developer to add to our small team of developers and designers.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter that clearly describes three reasons you would be a great addition to our team, to ceveleigh at veritashealth.com.
Veritas Health is a smart, collaborative group of talented individuals all focused on rapidly growing our business. We publish, organize, and market the highest quality health information online for patients dealing with specific health conditions. For example, our spine-health.com site is the market leader for spine, garnering 80% of market share for patients seeking information and solutions online. As a result, healthcare systems, manufacturers, and practitioners invest their marketing resources with spine-health.com because of the high level of quality and the proven ROI they enjoy. We're quickly growing our newer sites, sports-health.com and arthritis-health.com - with more sites under development. The pitch is a joy to sell - our sites truly help patients, we deliver impressive results for clients, at a reasonable investment.
We value ability and attitude over prior experience. Casual environment, intense focus, superior results - that's us. And yes, we are passionate about what we do. Read: What we're about for further insight.
We are pleased to offer many benefits, including health insurance, 401k, profit sharing, a self-directed training budget to use towards educational/career development, flex and summer hours, minimum travel...and most importantly, the intrinsic rewards of collaborating with our team of exceptionally smart, dedicated, and kind-hearted individuals.
Located in Deerfield, IL, near both highways and the Lake Cook Road Metra station.