As a Medical Writer, you will produce medical content for our award-winning, patient-focused websites. The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing with a strong background in medical writing and/or medical training. At Veritas Health, our employees benefit from long-term careers with significant upward advancement.
This important position will contribute significantly to maintaining our ongoing top rankings and high-quality content. We want to talk to you if you are a persistent and detail-oriented professional who excels at research and has the ability to successfully translate a large quantity of technical information into succinct, engaging writing for our readers with chronic health conditions.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week role, and the position is hybrid (blend of in-office and remote work). The Medical Writer will report to the Assistant Editorial Manager.
- Research, write, and edit physician-authored and peer-reviewed patient education articles, blog posts, and video scripts for our websites
- Follow the Veritas Health writing style, SEO best practices, content production standards, and editorial process to ensure consistency across all our websites and content types
- Draft and/or edit additional content, such as but not limited to: patient education articles, patient education booklets, patient education books, physician interviews, and other necessary content creation
- Provide accurate, timely work that ensures a regular flow of editorial articles and blogs that are readily approved by authors and peer reviewers
- Medical and/or scientific background and advanced degree in a scientific discipline (MS, MD, PhD)
- Strong writing/copywriting/headline writing skills with an ability to adapt and adhere to the company’s writing style
- Experience with managing editorial deadlines and working with other departments across an organization
- Move quickly and easily from one topic and/or project to the next
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in medical writing or scientific writing
- Knowledge of AMA style of writing and editing (11th edition)
Please send your resume and a cover letter that clearly describes three reasons you would be a great addition to our team, to info at veritashealth.com.