Why Join the Veritas Health Team?
Veritas Health is a leader in building award-winning websites around specific health issues that are important to millions of patients and doctors. Spine-health.com is the most visited back pain website in the world (75% market share), and we have recently launched three new sites, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, and Osteoporosis-health.com.
We are always looking for talented people, and we sometimes create a position to fit the person. We are currently actively recruiting for the following positions:
A few things about our company that we feel set us apart:
- Growth. With health issues rapidly increasing due to our evolving population, so does demand for our websites. Our traffic is growing at a double digit clip annually and is up to over 6 million unique visitors and 18.5 million pageviews monthly. Our goal for each of our websites is to make each a leader in its respective health vertical and help as many people as possible get the information they need to make an informed decision about their specific health situation.
- Mission. The company started in 1999 as a way to provide unbiased, understandable information to people who need to make important decisions about a health issue – in this case, about often debilitating back or neck pain. True to that mission, we accomplish this still today by investing heavily in content development the best way we know how – by publishing articles, videos, definitions, and more that are: originally written, more in-depth than most other websites, non-commercial, blind peer-reviewed by leading doctors (just like a medical journal does), and then well SEO'd so that the search engines can find our content and get it in front of as many people who need it as possible. We believe this recipe is working, as evidenced by our search engine rankings, our content awards, and the fact that 18% of the site's visitors come directly through a recommendation from their doctor.
- Culture. We have a group of talented folks who are committed to results. We post our goals on the wall for all to see, and aim to hire smart and productive people with a “can-do” attitude who figure out how to get things done. There's daily access to senior management and the opportunity to take on a variety of roles. We are all totally committed to consistently achieving the most productive 40-hour work week in the industry! Here, you really can get home in time to hit the boxing gym, do intramural flag football, brew your own beer, take your kid to swim practice, and the many other things our actual employees have time to do.
The key criteria for success in our company are intelligence, problem-solving skills and attitude, aptitude for learning, self-motivated work habits, and a strong attention to detail.
In exchange for their passion and dedication to quality work, Veritas Health offers employees a positive and energetic team-oriented environment, a competitive salary and benefits package (including 401k match and company pays 90% of medical insurance premiums), normal work hours, a stable and profitable company, and the opportunity to expand your technical and business skills in a supportive environment.
Positions currently available:
Web Content Manager
We are seeking a hardworking, detailed oriented person to join our team to drive our web publishing initiatives. Knowledge of online marketing or publishing not required (we will teach you that) – what is required is an individual with the personal characteristics we are seeking – an overachiever who delivers consistent results and is willing, able and dedicated enough to learn the craft quickly.
Publish and optimize (SEO) all content across all of our websites
- Quickly learn our publishing and SEO practices
- Learn our SEO tracking tools, such as webmaster tools and google analytics
- Publish/optimize content using Drupal
- Conduct analyses and other tasks to support online publishing efforts
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate tangible results to date in the areas of:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to manage yourself to complete your work on time, reliably and accurately
- Basic understanding of SEO helpful but not required
- Proficiency with HTML and content management systems are pluses
- Strong work ethic – you stick with a project to follow it through quickly and correctly
- Error-free work
- Able to take the reins and get the job done
- Adaptable – this is a fast-paced, rapidly changing business
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities at the same time
Please send your resume (Subject line: Web Content Manager) and a cover letter that clearly describes three reasons you would be a great addition to our team, to ceveleigh at veritashealth.com.
Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager at Veritas Health is responsible for the quality testing and deployment of the organization’s business and operations applications. The goal is to ensure usability of websites, by discovering design and development issues through writing and administering quality assurance tests of the user interface and gauging the user experience.
Performance Standards: Main Areas of Responsibility
- Software Advisor: Problem solving expert for any and all software related issues
- Testing: Design, write, and develop testing plans for all systems and modifications
- Documentation: Document software opportunities and defects and review with team
- Resolution Management: Monitoring bug resolution efforts, and track problems and successes
- Maintain and improve existing product quality by completing system tests, investigating complaints; design, develop, test and document problems and resolutions while collaborating with other members of management and programmers.
- Assist in the development of new product designs and methods by providing input of functional requirements, and potential problems; design, develop, publish and document test plans for all new systems and modifications.
- Evaluate and test programs to verify programs function according to company/user requirements and established guidelines.
- Write, review, revise and verify quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation.
- Monitor, manage, document and communicate with developers and outside departments.
- Monitor test schedules and/or strategies in accordance with project scopes and delivery schedules.
- Assist project leaders in solving quality assurance issues.
- Document and communicate known defects and potential issues to mitigate risk.
- Update job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; and/or participates in professional organizations.
- Technical capacity, strong background and experience with quality assurance methodologies. Knowledge of QA tool sets including automated and performance testing tools are a plus as is a development background (a plus but not required).
- Communication proficiency including excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources to manage projects within determined scope and delivery schedule.
Please send your resume (Subject line: Quality Assurance Manager) and a cover letter that clearly describes three reasons you would be a great addition to our team, to ceveleigh at veritashealth.com.
Writer and Editor
If you have impeccable research, writing, and editing skills; are extremely detail-oriented and organized; can deliver against tight deadlines; and desire to be rewarded for tangible, bottom line results and exceeding expectations, this career opportunity may be just the right fit for you.
Our editors are responsible for drafting and editing peer reviewed articles for our network of patient education websites, as well as other types of content as needed. This role is critical to the Company's ongoing success as the provider of the highest quality patient education.
Advanced knowledge of health topics is not required (we will teach you that) - what is required is an individual with the personal characteristics we are seeking - an overachiever who delivers exceptional results and is willing, able, and dedicated enough to learn the craft quickly.
What you can look forward to in the job:
- Core responsibilities center on writing and editing peer reviewed health information:
- Research, draft, and/or edit physician-authored and peer-reviewed patient education articles
- Research and write video transcripts
- Develop and manage editorial calendar
- Develop and maintain relationships with physician authors and Medical Advisory Board
- Draft and/or edit additional content, as needed, such as patient education booklets, physician interviews
- Your work here is mission-critical. The sites you write for are read by millions of people every month who rely on our content to manage their health issues.
- Desirable benefits, including health insurance, 401k, profit sharing, a self-directed training budget to use towards educational/career development, casual dress, flex and summer hours, part time options... and most importantly, the intrinsic rewards of collaborating with our team of smart, dedicated, and kind people
What we are looking for in you:
- You have impeccable written communication skills - we are a publisher and the high quality and accuracy of our writing is imperative
- You have comprehensive research, fact-checking, editing, and proofreading skills
- You have a strong work ethic - you stick with a project to follow it through quickly and accurately
- You have meticulous attention to detail and 100% accountability for producing error-free work
- You have the ability to develop strong, trusting relationships with medical professionals
- Experience in writing for the web, SEO, and/or patient education are a plus
See below for Company Information.
Please send your resume (Subject line: Writer and Editor) and a cover letter that clearly describes three reasons you would be a great addition to our team, to sburke at veritashealth.com.
Seeking passionate PHP developers
You will be part of a team that delivers a best-in-class experience for our audience. If you are an energetic problem solver who is comfortable wearing many hats and getting stuff done right the first time, this may be the right fit for you.
What we are looking for in you:
If you like the idea of building innovative and custom features, improving and advancing existing features, and ensuring operational excellence – for a company whose core mission is to help people find the best solutions for their ongoing health problems – you should talk to us. We are looking for strong problem solvers to help us tackle the big and the small, including projects such as (actual projects in the queue):
- Re-launching our doctor directory with new features and a fresh look
- Creating custom Drupal modules while leveraging a common code base (Drupal profile/distribution) that streamlines development across multiple sites
- Flexable, snapshotable Virtualbox where you can get your hands dirty with our efficient 4-layer caching system on a LEMP stack, all without blowing up a production server
- Crafting and testing site features fork desktop and mobile to improve traffic metrics and advertising revenue
- Creation of an author portal, media asset management utility, and an automated advertising system
- Enhancements to our new forums system in (Vanilla Forums)
You can check out functionality, such as our custom doctor finder (leverages the Views module) - http://www.spine-health.com/doctor - to see how we are using PHP and Drupal 7 in innovative ways to achieve our business goals.
We want to talk to you if you:
- Are a confident, independent problem solver
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility to manage your own work time – and have the self-discipline to meet deadlines
- Thrive in an environment that values thorough research of possible paths, scalable long term solutions, and good documentation
- Are looking for a full time employee position with an entrepreneurial but established, stable and highly profitable company
- Seek a reasonable work/life balance (where you really can get home in time to hit the boxing gym, do intramural flag football, brew your own beer, take your kid to swim practice, and take vacations…). No travel or 80-hour work weeks expected (well possible, but rare).
We have immediate openings for a talented developers to add to our small team of developers and designers.
- MySQL (MariaDB)
- HTML / CSS (we use HTML 5 and CSS 3)
- Familiarity with a content management system, ideally Drupal (we currently use Drupal 7), Joomla, or Wordpress
- Linux (Centos 6)
- VirtualBox (Used for sandbox & development environments)
- Website optimization (front and backend caching): Varnish, Memcache, APC
- Git code revision system (or similar)
- Mobile web development (RESS)
See below for Company Information.
Please send your resume (Subject line: PHP Developer) and a cover letter that clearly describes three reasons you would be a great addition to our team, to rmalon at veritashealth.com.
Veritas Health is a smart, collaborative group of talented individuals all focused on rapidly growing our business. We publish, organize, and market the highest quality health information online for patients dealing with specific health conditions. For example, our spine-health.com site is the market leader for spine, garnering 80% of market share for patients seeking information and solutions online. As a result, healthcare systems, manufacturers, and practitioners invest their marketing resources with spine-health.com because of the high level of quality and the proven ROI they enjoy. We're quickly growing our newer sites, sports-health.com and arthritis-health.com - with more sites under development. The pitch is a joy to sell - our sites truly help patients, we deliver impressive results for clients, at a reasonable investment.
We value ability and attitude over prior experience. Casual environment, intense focus, superior results - that's us. And yes, we are passionate about what we do. Read: What we are About for further insight.
We are pleased to offer many benefits, including health insurance, 401k, profit sharing, a self-directed training budget to use towards educational/career development, flex and summer hours, minimum travel...and most importantly, the intrinsic rewards of collaborating with our team of exceptionally smart, dedicated, and kind-hearted individuals.
Located in Deerfield, IL, near both highways and Metra station.