Why Join the Veritas Health Team?
Veritas Health is a leader in building award-winning websites around specific health issues that are important to millions of patients and doctors. Spine-health.com is the most visited back pain website in the world (75% market share), and our newest site – Arthritis-health.com – is growing rapidly. We also launched two new websites, Sports-health.com and Osteoporosis-health.com, in 2014 that address additional popular health topics.
We are always looking for talented people, and we sometimes create a position to fit the person. We are currently actively recruiting for the following positions:
A few things about our company that we feel set us apart:
- Growth. With health issues rapidly increasing due to our evolving population, so does demand for our websites. Our traffic is growing at a double digit clip annually and is up over 5 million monthly unique visitors and 15 million pageviews. Our goal for each of our websites is to make each a leader in its respective health vertical and help as many people as possible get the information they need to make an informed decision about their specific health situation. This strategy will support our goal to continue to grow the business at a double-digit pace – and continue our revenues growing 20%-40% per year as they have for the past 3 years in a row. In fact, Veritas Health was recognized by INC 5000 in 2014 as one of the fastest growing private companies in America (and we have the fancy plaque on the wall to prove it).
- Mission. The company started in 1999 as a way to provide unbiased, understandable information to people who need to make important decisions about a health issue – in this case, about often debilitating back or neck pain. True to that mission, we accomplish this still today by investing heavily in content development the best way we know how – by publishing articles, videos, definitions, and more that are: originally written, more in-depth than most other websites, non-commercial, blind peer-reviewed by leading doctors (just like a medical journal does), and then well SEO'd so that the search engines can find our content and get it in front of as many people who need it as possible. We believe this recipe is working, as evidenced by our search engine rankings, our content awards, and the fact that 18% of the site's visitors come directly through a recommendation from their doctor.
- Culture. We have a group of talented folks (some quiet, some not so quiet) who are committed to results. We post our goals on the wall for all to see, and aim to hire smart and productive people with a “can-do” attitude who figure out how to get things done. There's daily access to senior management and the opportunity to take on a variety of roles. We are all totally committed to consistently achieving the most productive 40-hour work week in the industry! Here, you really can get home in time to hit the boxing gym, do intramural flag football, brew your own beer, take your kid to swim practice, and the many other things our actual employees have time to do.
The key criteria for success in our company are intelligence, problem-solving skills and attitude, aptitude for learning, self-motivated work habits, and a strong attention to detail.
In exchange for their passion and dedication to quality work, Veritas Health offers employees a positive and energetic team-oriented environment, a competitive salary and benefits package (including 401k match and company pays 90% of medical insurance premiums), normal work hours, a stable and profitable company, and the opportunity to expand your technical and business skills in a supportive environment. We have offices in Deerfield and downtown Chicago, IL.
Positions currently available:
If you graduated at the top of your class, if you constantly seek to exceed expectations, to improve on the status quo, and to be responsible for tangible, bottom line results, then this may be an exceptional job opportunity and career trajectory for you.
We are seeking a hard working, proactive, analytical person to join our team and support all traffic growth activities. Knowledge of online marketing not required (we will teach you that) – what is required is an individual with the personal characteristics we are seeking – an overachiever who delivers consistent results and is willing, able and dedicated enough to learn the craft quickly.
Core responsibilitiesIncrease traffic to the site through all aspects of online marketing:Duties
- Quickly learn our SEO practices
- Learn and manage our SEO tracking tools, such as webmaster tools and google analytics
- Publish/optimize content using Drupal
- Conduct analyses and other tasks to support online marketing projects
- Create and maintain traffic reports
Skill Requirements The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate tangible results to date in the areas of:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability – will need to manage and analyze data and build/maintain excel spreadsheets
- Able to manage yourself to complete your work on time, reliably and accurately
- Basic understanding of SEO helpful but not required
- Proficiency with HTML and content management systems are pluses
- Strong work ethic – you stick with a project to follow it through quickly and correctly
- Error-free work
- Able to take the reins and get the job done
- Adaptable – this is a fast-paced, rapidly changing business
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities at the same time
We are a quiet, smart, collaborative group of talented individuals all focused on growing our business as quickly as possible. We publish, organize and market the highest quality health information on the web. We are passionate about what we do. Casual dress, intense focus, results – that’s us.
Located in Deerfield, IL, near both highways and next to Metra station.
Please send your resume (Subject line: Online Marketing Analyst Position), and a cover letter that clearly describes 3 reasons you would be a great
addition to our team, to mcummings at veritashealth.com.
If you have impeccable research, writing, and editing skills; are extremely detail-oriented and organized; can deliver against tight deadlines; and desire to be rewarded for tangible, bottom line results and exceeding expectations, this career opportunity may be just the right fit for you.
Our editors are responsible for drafting and editing peer reviewed articles for our network of patient education websites, as well as other types of content as needed. This role is critical to the Company's ongoing success as the provider of the highest quality patient education.
Advanced knowledge of health topics is not required (we will teach you that) - what is required is an individual with the personal characteristics we are seeking - an overachiever who delivers exceptional results and is willing, able, and dedicated enough to learn the craft quickly.
What you can look forward to in the job:
- Core responsibilities center on writing and editing peer reviewed health information:
- Research, draft, and/or edit physician-authored and peer-reviewed patient education articles
- Research and write video transcripts
- Develop and manage editorial calendar
- Develop and maintain relationships with physician authors and Medical Advisory Board
- Draft and/or edit additional content, as needed, such as patient education booklets, physician interviews
- Your work here is mission-critical. The sites you write for are read by millions of people every month who rely on our content to manage their health issues.
- Desirable benefits, including health insurance, 401k, profit sharing, a self-directed training budget to use towards educational/career development, casual dress, flex and summer hours, part time options... and most importantly, the intrinsic rewards of collaborating with our team of smart, dedicated, and kind people
What we are looking for in you:
- You have impeccable written communication skills - we are a publisher and the high quality and accuracy of our writing is imperative
- You have comprehensive research, fact-checking, editing, and proofreading skills
- You have a strong work ethic - you stick with a project to follow it through quickly and accurately
- You have meticulous attention to detail and 100% accountability for producing error-free work
- You have the ability to develop strong, trusting relationships with medical professionals
- Experience in writing for the web, SEO, and/or patient education are a plus
If this sounds like a place you'd like to work, you can:
- Submit your resume in Word or PDF format to us at email@example.com. Put the position title(s) of interest in the subject line. We will respond if you do these things. Thank you!
Veritas Health is a smart, collaborative group of talented individuals all focused on rapidly growing our business. We publish, organize, and market the highest quality health information online for patients dealing with specific health conditions. For example, our spine-health.com site is the market leader for spine, garnering 80% of market share for patients seeking information and solutions online. As a result, healthcare systems, manufacturers, and practitioners invest their marketing resources with spine-health.com because of the high level of quality and the proven ROI they enjoy. We're quickly growing our newer sites, sports-health.com and arthritis-health.com - with more sites under development. The pitch is a joy to sell - our sites truly help patients, we deliver impressive results for clients, at a reasonable investment.
We value ability and attitude over prior experience. Casual environment, intense focus, superior results - that's us. And yes, we are passionate about what we do. Read: What we are About for further insight.
We are pleased to offer many benefits, including health insurance, 401k, profit sharing, a self-directed training budget to use towards educational/career development, flex and summer hours, work at home/downtown options, minimum travel...and most importantly, the intrinsic rewards of collaborating with our team of exceptionally smart, dedicated, and kind-hearted individuals.
Located in Deerfield, IL, near both highways and Metra station.