In 1999, Stephanie Burke and Peter F. Ullrich co-founded Spine-health.com to offer information and health tips on spinal care. Eighteen years later, their vision has grown into Veritas Health, which operates four health sites, Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, and Pain-health.com. The four sites have been developed to provide comprehensive information on back pain, arthritis, sports injuries, and other chronic conditions.
- The sites are developed by health professionals who are specialists in the relevant content areas. All videos and articles are developed by doctors and then independently peer reviewed by members of our Medical Advisory Board.
- The peer review process is similar to a Medical Journal, meaning that it is 1) blind - the author and reviewer do not know who each other are, and 2) prospective - all the reviewing, rewriting and editing are done prior to publication.
- Articles that do not meet our patient education quality standards are turned down.
- Authors do not promote themselves or their individual approach to treatment; all articles and videos represent the generally recognized standard of care in the medical community.
- Controversial topics are clearly represented as such
- Advertisements are clearly labeled
- No commercial companies or authors can publish articles that appear like patient education but in fact are promoting that doctor or commercial company
This high quality editorial process results in patient education that is comprehensive, in-depth and noncommercial - simply a better source of information for patients.
And doctors like it too, 18% of our site visitors come directly through a recommendation from their doctor.